Built in 2018/19 the DS50 stage is our newest mobile stage system.
The DS50 stage is ideal for both indoor and outdoor events, with a quick build and compact design the DS50 is an ideal choice for a variety of events.
As with all Daytona stages the DS50 is highly flexible and can be adapted to suit a wide variety of customer requirements. What makes this stage so well liked by its customers is the fact that it can adapt to its surroundings, fitting easily into tight areas making the most of the space available. At 12m wide including the PA wings, with a 10m wide x 5m deep main stage deck area, the DS50 has a commanding presence in any event situation. However, should you find that your stage space is not quite large enough the DS50 mobile stage system can, without compromise, reduce its width to 10m by removing the PA wings. Another feature is the 1.5m (approx) deck height.
The DS50 also comes with lots of extras as standard such as white LED floodlights on the main stage and standard LED lights to the part covered backstage area, a full truss system on the main stage and 1m square PA wings, and additional steps to front of main stage deck (special request), also a Wind Anemometer is fitted as standard.
A big feature on the DS50 stage is the Production Ramp which is fitted to the part covered backstage area, it is 1m wide and complete with handrail (extra charge).
All our stage systems have the ability to be branded according to your specific requirements and the DS50 is no exception.
DS50 The Standard Package
We’ve put together a comprehensive package that will be suitable for most events, to help your decision making easier. However, don’t forget you can add to your package by selecting from our range of options.
The Standard Package Includes:
- DS50 mobile stage unit.
- Set up & breakdown by fully trained Daytona personnel.
- 1m square separate PA wings with adjustable legs (optional) (no extra charge).
- Partly covered back stage area.
- One set of steps and covered platform with handrails to back stage area.
- 1m wide production ramp with handrail fitted to rear of stage (extra charge).
- One set of optional steps with handrails to front of stage, can be mounted left, middle or right (special request) (no extra charge).
- Full truss system on main stage.
- Acoustic best quality drape to back wall on main stage.
- White lights on main stage (3 x LED floodlights) these are built into the main trussing system.
- White standard LED lights to back stage area.
- Wind Anemometer with visual/sound/flashing lights warning system, includes advisory notice board (see DS50 Wind Management area below under the Health & Safety section).
- Confirmation pack.
- Branding sites (see DS50 Branding section below).
- Electrical distribution area.
- Health & Safety documents (see DS50 Health & Safety section below).
- £10million public liability insurance (a copy of this can be seen in the DS50 Health & Safety section below).
- Heavy duty industrial batteries used for running our hydraulics & LED work lights.
- Main stage deck area is 10m wide x 5m deep.
- Frontage width is 12m including both standard PA wings.
- Frontage width is 10m without PA wings.
- Deck height from ground is 1.5m (approx).
- Trim height (front) is 3m (deck to underside of truss).
- Trim height (rear) is 2.5m (deck to underside of truss).
- Overall height with branding header board is 5.1m (ground to top of roof including branding header board).
Health & Safety
DS50 Health & Safety, Insurance & Structural Reports
The continual introduction of new, more stringent industry standards and everchanging Health and Safety requirements mean that ensuring your event meets these latest regulations can be a legislative nightmare!
At Daytona, we’ve got everything covered for you.
On arrival there must be adequate access to the venues gateway from the road for an articulated vehicle. If necessary, the event organiser shall provide personnel to control traffic/general public during this manoeuvre.
Both outside and within the venue our vehicles need a minimum clearance of 4.3m height and 2.8m width for access to the designated Stage Area. Therefore any trees, overhead structures or cables should be taken into consideration.
Any weight limits within the venue that are likely to be encountered, especially bridges or manhole covers, need to be sufficient for the 16 tonne max weight of the DS50. This is evenly distributed between four axles and is comprised of 9 tonne for the stage and 7 tonne for the tractor unit.
The presence of any steep slopes within the venue that have to be traversed on route to the Stage Area, or any that are within the Stage Area itself must be discussed with Daytona prior to the event. If either party has any reservations a site visit may have to be carried out.
The area where the stage is to be erected must be enclosed by security barriers, and or security personnel to provide a safe working area before and after the event.
The minimum floor space required for the DS50 is 12m x 6m with PA Wings and 5.5m of headroom. Extra space to front of stage if Pit Barriers are used. Note: These measurements are for the stage only. There also has to be provision made for the tractor unit that pulls the stage. This will need room to manoeuvre the stage into position and then un-hitch.
The versatility of the DS50 is such that it can be erected on a variety of surfaces including grass, however, if the ground is too soft, the tractor unit will be at risk of bogging down while towing the stage into position. In such circumstances it is at the discretion of the driver as to whether or not to drive onto the grass. If the decision is made to go ahead, it is the responsibility of the organiser to provide any towing/tracking aides as necessary both on arrival and at time of departure.
Daytona Options including Sound & Lighting
We have additional options which can be added to your stage order. These include front of stage Pit Barriers, Drum Risers, extra decks which can be fitted to the front of the main stage deck to form Catwalks or Extensions.
Currently we do not offer Sound & Lighting packages apart from the white lights that come as standard on our stages, but we do have a list of preferred Sound & Lighting companies who are located throughout the UK, these companies know exactly what is required for our stages.
However, you may of course use your own preferred supplier. Contact us for the list of preferred Sound & Lighting companies.