The DS60 stages are our most popular mobile stage system. Built to exacting standards the DS60 stages are ‘best in class’. The DS60 is an ultra strong heavy duty stage that uses the best quality build materials throughout, all of which conform to the highest health and safety standards.
As with all Daytona stages the DS60 is highly flexible and can be adapted to suit a wide variety of customer requirements. Though what makes this stage so well-liked by our customers is the fact that it can adapt to its surroundings, fitting easily into tight areas making the most of the space available. At 14m wide including the PA wings, with a 10m wide and 6m deep stage, the DS60 has a commanding presence in any event situation. However, should you find that your stage space is not quite large enough the DS60 mobile stage system can, without compromise, reduce its width to 11.5m by incorporating narrower PA wings plus you also have the option to stack or fly the PA depending on your individual circumstances. Another benefit to the DS60 stage is that it is fitted with hydraulic legs, so if your event space has uneven ground the stage can be easily adjusted to ensure the platform is dead level.
All our stage systems have the ability to be branded according to your specific requirements and the DS60 is no exception; you can brand the stage as little or as much as you like.
Cost is a significant part of any event, which is another reason why the DS60 stage is so popular; it has a short 2 hour build time and only takes 1 hour to breakdown. This means if you are organising a one-day event you only need to pay for a one day hire as we can build and breakdown the stage on the day of your event whatever the timings involved!
DS60 The Standard Package
We’ve put together a comprehensive package that will be suitable for most events, to help your decision making easier. However, don’t forget you can add to your package by selecting from our range of options.
The Standard Package Includes:
- DS60 mobile stage unit
- Set up & breakdown by fully trained Daytona personnel
- 2m wide integrated PA wings, with back wall and side handrail, also built in tie down points
- Optional flying points for Line Array, will carry up to 750kgs each side (no extra charge)(special request)
- Partly covered back stage area
- One set of steps and platform including handrails to back stage area
- One set of optional steps with handrails to front of stage, can be mounted left, middle or right (no extra charge)(special request)
- Full heavy duty truss system on main stage
- Acoustic best quality drapes to back and side walls on main stage
- White lights on main stage (3 x 150watt sodium lights) these are built into the main trussing system
- White lights to back stage area
- Wind Anemometer with visual/sound/flashing lights warning systems, includes advisory notice board
- Confirmation pack
- Branding sites
- Optional branding scrim area in front of PA wings (no extra charge) (special request) (can only be used with stacked PA)
- Electrical distribution area
- Health and Safety documents, these can be found on our website in pdf format
- £10million public liability insurance.
- 5kva on board generator, runs on LPG, used for running our hydraulics & work lights
- 4 heavy duty hydraulic landing legs, used for levelling of the stage on uneven ground
- Main stage area is 10m wide x 6m deep
- Frontage width is 14m including both standard PA wings
- Deck height from ground is 1.5m
- Trim height is 3.8m (deck to underside of truss)
- Overall height with branding header board is 6.3m (ground to top of roof including branding header board)
Health & Safety
DS60 Health & Safety, Insurance & Structural Reports
The continual introduction of new, more stringent industry standards and everchanging Health and Safety requirements mean that ensuring your event meets these latest regulations can be a legislative nightmare!
At Daytona, we’ve got everything covered for you.
Click on the pdf documents to see for yourself. They have been specifically compiled for this stage to ensure every last detail meets or exceeds all current legislation.
We understand branding is an important part of your event, you need to support your sponsors & your event image with a professional look. Our stages are designed for branding, with high quality mounting positions. We recommend branding specialists Sunbaba at www.sunbaba.com or tel 01638 507684 for the production of branding to fit our stages, they keep all the sizes & fittings on file. However, you may of course use your own preferred supplier, or it maybe you do not require branding at all
A. Header board 9.85m wide x 1m high
B. Back wall 7m wide x 3m high
C. Front of stage deck skirt 14.2m wide x 1.4m high
D. Drop banner 0.8m wide x 3.4m high
E. Front PA scrim 2m wide x 4m high
F. Side PA scrim 1.25m wide x 3.42m high
G. Side of stage deck skirt 1.5m wide x 1.4m high
On arrival there must be adequate access to the venues gateway from the road for an articulated vehicle. If necessary, the event organiser shall provide personnel to control traffic/general public during this manoeuvre.
Both outside and within the venue our vehicles need a minimum clearance of 4.3m height and 2.8m width for access to the designated Stage Area. Therefore any trees, overhead structures or cables should be taken into consideration.
Any weight limits within the venue that are likely to be encountered, especially bridges or manhole covers, need to be sufficient for the 20 tonne max weight of the DS60. This is evenly distributed between four axles and is comprised of 13 tonne for the stage and 7 tonne for the tractor unit.
The presence of any steep slopes within the venue that have to be traversed on route to the Stage Area, or any that are within the Stage Area itself must be discussed with Daytona prior to the event. If either party has any reservations a site visit may have to be carried out.
The area where the stage is to be erected must be enclosed by security barriers, and or security personnel to provide a safe working area before and after the event.
The minimum floor space required for the DS60 is 15m x 7m and 6.5m headroom. Consideration needs to be given at the front of the stage for pit barriers. Note: These measurements are for the stage only. There also has to be provision made for the tractor unit that pulls the stage. This will need room to manoeuvre the stage into position and then un-hitch.
The versatility of the DS60 is such that it can be erected on a variety of surfaces including grass, however, if the ground is too soft, the tractor unit will be at risk of bogging down while towing the stage into position. In such circumstances it is at the discretion of the driver as to whether or not to drive onto the grass. If the decision is made to go ahead, it is the responsibility of the organiser to provide any towing/tracking aides as necessary both on arrival and at time of departure.
Daytona Options including Sound & Lighting
We have additional options which can be added to your stage order. These include front of stage pit barriers, drum risers, extra
decks, which can be added to the front of stage to form catwalks or extensions, etc. Currently we do not offer sound and lighting packages but our preferred supplier is Event Sound & Light Ltd, who know exactly what sound and lighting requirements are needed for each of our stages. Please visit their website at www.eventsoundandlight.com or call their sales team direct on 01245 863863. However, we are happy to work with your own preferred supplier if required.